Guildford High School is a part of United Learning whose Trustees hold the ultimate responsibility for the governance of each United Learning school.
The Department for Education’s governance handbook 2019 identifies the essentials of effective governance as follows:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
United Learning’s Trustees delegate certain key roles and responsibilities to the school’s Local Governing Body and these are set out clearly in our Scheme of Delegation which can be seen on the United Learning website.
Local Governing Body (LGB)
Guildford High School’s LGB deals with issues specific to the school in conjunction with the Headmistress and other members of staff. The current members of the LGB are as follows:
- Mr Dan Perrett (Chairman and AGBIS Representitive)
- Rev Canon Robert Cotton
- Mrs Anna Lise Gordon (Child Protection Representative)
- Professor Ortwin Hess
- Mr Robert Turnbull
- Ms Zip Jila (EYFS Representative)
- Mr John Rigg, FRICS
- Ms Karen Braganza
- Mr Mark Barlow
- Mr Richard Turnbull
Any correspondence for the Chair of Governors should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org