Arrangements for Guildford High School Entrance Assessment 8 January 2021
Your daughter will be attending Guildford High School between 10am and 12.55pm on 8 January 2021.
She will arrive at the same time as10 other candidates, 2m + social distancing will be in place at all times.
A health questionnaire will be emailed to you on Thursday 7 January. Your daughter must print and bring with her a completed copy. Failure to complete and bring this with her will mean that your daughter is not allowed to sit our entrance assessment.
If your daughter is unwell or under the weather in any way (cold, sickness, headache etc) regardless of whether she shows Covid or non-Covid symptoms she must not attend our entrance assessment.
Please read the following information very carefully; it is imperative that you follow all instructions.
Arrival at Guildford High School
- You should drop your daughter off no more than 5 minutes before the start time to the front of the school. Staff will be waiting to greet her.
- Pupils, parents and carers must wear a face mask at all times when on our school site (including outside).
- No more than one parent/guardian is allowed to drop off an applicant. Please do not bring siblings unless absolutely essential.
- We will be operating a drive-through drop-off for applicants arriving by car; parents will not be allowed to park or wait in their cars on site.
Departure from Guildford High School
- You must not walk/drive on to our school site until the exact time that your daughter is scheduled to finish. Your daughter will waiting for you at the front of the school.
- You must wear a face mask at all times when on our school site (including outside).
- No more than one parent/guardian is allowed to collect an applicant. Please do not bring siblings unless absolutely essential.
- We will be operating a drive-through collection for applicants departing by car; parents will not be allowed to park or wait in their cars on site.
What does my daughter need to bring with her for assessment?
- Your daughter must wear a face mask at all times whilst at Guildford High School. She must put on her face mask before she enters our site and must not take it off until she leaves the site, unless she is having a drink.
- A water bottle
- A pencil case
- Hand sanitiser
- Completed health questionnaire
Does my daughter need to wear school uniform?
No. She should wear warm comfortable clothing and dress appropriately for the weather as she may be asked to wait outside our building for a short while.
What is the format for the assessment?
- Your daughter will complete two x 1 hour assessments in English and Mathematics. We will provide her with full instructions and a member of staff will invigilate her.
- Your daughter should have her pencil case with her.
- The assessment will be followed by a short (10 minute) interview
What safety arrangements will be in place during the assessment?
- Your daughter’s temperature will be taken on arrival. If her temperature is high, we will arrange her to be collected by you. She will be able to attend an assessment at a later date.
- Your daughter will be required to wear a face mask – we will inform her when/if it can be removed.
- 2m+ social distancing will be in place at all times.
- Your daughter must sanitise her hands on entry to our assessment.
- Our exam room will be thoroughly cleaned prior to use for assessment. Computers and accessories will be sanitised, desks and chairs will be cleaned. Toilets and door handles will be sanitised regularly.
What happens if my daughter is unwell or is required to isolate during her scheduled assessment time?
- If your daughter is unwell or under the weather in any way (cold, sickness, headache) regardless of whether she shows Covid or non-Covid symptoms she must not attend our entrance assessment.
What happens if my daughter or household member has been classed as extremely clinically vulnerable or clinically vulnerable?
She will not attend assessment and we will arrange for her to be assessed separately at a later date. Please do inform us if this applies.
What happens if my daughter feels unwell whilst she is at Guildford High School?
- If your daughter feels unwell she should immediately inform the teacher in the room with her. A member of staff will collect her from outside her classroom.
- Our nurse will attend to her and, if necessary, we will contact you and ask that you return to the school to collect her immediately.